The last week that we were there my friends had a family BBQ for our family and a had a traditional birthday breakfast for me. I love all of my dear friends--They are amazing women and I miss them all!
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Saying Good-bye to St. Pius X
Over the past two years our family has been so blessed to have been at St. Pius X School. We have loved the teachers and families of St. Pius and will always remember the wonderful memories we made. I hope that the friendships that my children and I made there will last forever. They welcomed us with open arms and always included us in their parish community. We learned so much from them. Being Mormon and attending a Catholic School seemed a bit strange to many but we found our common beliefs, built on them and grew closer. Our children learned so much from the dedicated teachers. How amazing it was for me to be able to send my children to school each day, knowing that their teachers loved them, cared for their every need and prayed for them each day. We just felt truly blessed to have been apart of the St. Pius X School and will never forget them. We miss all our friends there so much. When we arrived in Arizona and finally found the kids backpacks from their last day of school we were brought to tears as we read the many many cards from all of the children and teachers. They were beautiful and so kind. We were so blessed to have known all of the families from St. Pius. Many times people would ask me, "Why do you go to that school? What is so great about it? Why not just go to the public school where it is free?" It is hard to explain to people except to say that we were guided to be there and feel so blessed. Our children received the very best education during the most formative years of their lives.
Sam with his teacher Mrs. Schwantes. There were only 5 children in his class-that's a better teacher student ratio than at home!
Kimball with his teacher Ms. Schweitz. He was lucky to have her for both 3rd/4th and 5th grade. She and Kimball both love Social Studies!

The last week that we were there my friends had a family BBQ for our family and a had a traditional birthday breakfast for me. I love all of my dear friends--They are amazing women and I miss them all!
The last week that we were there my friends had a family BBQ for our family and a had a traditional birthday breakfast for me. I love all of my dear friends--They are amazing women and I miss them all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Julianne,
I hope this finds you and your family happy in your new home. I love all the pictures you posted and have to say all of you are deeply missed. (I have a few more pictures for you if I ever make it to the post office). Hopefully we can catch up soon. Hugs to everyone!
Megan
Post a Comment