Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Catching up on life

I am so behind on this blog that it is hard to know where to begin.

The Monday before Christmas we invited five families over for Family Home Evening. They were all from our children's school. We did the nativity program, sang carols and had gingerbread cake and ice cream. We had a wonderful time and love our friends from St. Pius X school.



We had a great Christmas. We celebrated by opening up all of our presents on Christmas Eve morning. The kids had a great time.
The boys made had made gifts for each other and for Jeff and I. Kimball heard a story in primary that Brother Arvoy told. It was about the best Christmas present he had ever received. Kimball decided to do the same for his dad. On a piece of paper he wrote a nice letter to Jeff.
At the end it said, "Turn Around", Jeff turned around and Kimball gave him a great big hug.
Christmas morning Santa came. He was very kind to the kids this year and we felt very grateful for his generosity.
The next day we all flew to Utah where we enjoyed a big Powley family reunion. It was a huge success. We had such a great time with all of our cousins, aunts and uncles and grandparents. We went skiing, bowling, visited museums, made marshmallow guns, performed skits, lip syncs, played Sedarahc, watched movies, ate lots of great food and enjoyed the fun company.
I'll post pictures as soon as I get some from my siblings.

One of the highlights of our trip was when I took Kimball to Edward Kimball's home. He is the son of President Spencer W. Kimball. He lives a block away from my parents. He talked to Kimball and told him some neat stories about his father.
The highlight though was when he let Kimball put on his fathers hat and glasses. Kimball was in heaven. He loves his namesake. He loves to learn everything he can about President Kimball and loves him. As we left Brother Kimball's home, Kimball said to me, "Mom, I feel so happy right now! I feel the Spirit and know that President Kimball was a Prophet of God!" We both had tears in our eyes. It was a very special day for Kimball that he will never forget.

7 comments:

BA said...

That is so awesome to let Kimball have a personal connection to his namesake.

Connie said...

WOW!! with the hat and glasses on, he almost looks like President Kimball. What a neat experience.

Melanie said...

Those two stories about Kimball - both the letter to Jeff and then visiting with President Kimball's son - are priceless!! Totally love the picture of him in the hat and glasses!

I can hardly believe your side of the family's picture. If I remember correctly, both your mom and dad are only children...and now look at their progeny! So amazing!!!

Mary said...

Oh My GOODNESS- What a vast progeny of Powleys in that picture!

How neat for your son, Kimball, too.

Martines Family said...

YeaH your alive. I love the posts. I miss seeing all your cute pictures. I love Kimballs sweet experience. What a treasure. I love your family picture up at the top of your blog--- wow what a darling family!!!!! So Cute!!! Love you miss you

niknfil said...

I am just catching up on your blog. I don't get on here very often lately it seems. I LOVE your new family picture at the top. So cute! Abby is so sweet! I love seeing how your boys are growing up too! We miss you guys! Good luck with your move this spring!

Kendra said...

What an amazing experience. And what a perfect age that he will always remember this.