
I found this really cute pattern of smocked dresses. My grandma gave me her smocking machine a few years ago. It has been collecting dust until NOW! I got it out the other day and taught myself how to smock. It looks like I'll need to do some practicing to get it to look just right. Meanwhile, I bought the pattern and can't wait to make her a beautiful smocked dress.

I found this cute cute idea on someone's blog of how to decorate a little girls room. I have some old antique dresses and I'm going to put them up in Abby's room! I decided to decorate with some neat vintage fabrics and antiques!

I just finished her first baby blanket! It is handmade flannel chenille on one side and flannel on the other. The boys have been showing everyone (including the home teachers!) They are so proud and can't wait to give her the blanket.

Today I went on my first shopping spree. Can you believe I got this darling dress for only $11.00

I thought it would be a perfect time to try and get a few winter items since they would be on the sale racks. It will be cold until she is about 9 months old so I needed to find some winter stuff!
I am having so much fun!! Just wishing I had my sisters and mom here to share the excitement!
12 comments:
Julieann,
I haven't been keeping up with your blog, so today is the day I learned you two are expecting your first girl. Congratulations. Daughters are...indescribably wonderful. Congratulations!! And best wishes for a healthy pregnancy and safe delivery.
Love,
Erin Casper
Well- the package that you get on Wed. Will be a wonderful excellent addition to Abby's closet. She just might get a whole year of clothes before she is even born. I love the dress on the wall idea. Super cute and elegant.
Sarah
Can you make my girls some smocked dresses?
Wow! She's finally going to join your family. SOOOOOOOO happy for you, Julianne!!!
i love love love that smocked dress pattern. how gorgeous!
Congrats on a baby girl! We are so excited for you!
Love your blog, will be fun to stay in touch with you.
I'm catching up on blogs and I'm so excited to learn about your upcoming arrival- What a lucky little girl she'll be!
I love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love love all of it.
I love anything with smocking. I can't wait to see what you end up making for your sweet girl.
So cute and so fun! I can't be more excited for you. Happy Mother's Day!
Julianne,
I just found your blog. So happy for you! That little girl is going to have some serious protectors!
YOu have a cute family!
Aubrey (Reeder)
Julianne...I LOVE LOVE LOVE smocked dresses. I can't believe that you have a smocking machine! I am so jealous! You are going to have so much fun! I love the clothes you bought too! So much fun!!
Forgot to mention that your blanket is super adoreable and so is that red dress. GORGEOUS!!!
Post a Comment