Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back to School

Jeff is off to school! He is really enjoying the Endodontic residency program at Marquette. This is 22nd grade for him and he is still loving it! I love this Dentist more everyday. He works so hard for and gives so much to me and our 5 boys. We are so proud of him!
Kimball is in 3rd grade, Joshua in 1st grade and Samuel is in all day Kindergarten! Can you believe 3 kids in school all day? I can hardly believe it. It was hard to let them go after having such a fun summer together. I miss them when they are at school. Brigham isn't sure what to do without all the big boys around but I'm sure he will soon get used to all the attention from me at home. I am so excited for all that they are learning. As always, the day before school starts I get the urge to home school. I miss not being able to see them learn new things! That's the best part of motherhood! Giving that privilege to a teacher at school is a big sacrifice for me. I still have my own history curriculum that I do at home with them so I won't miss out and they won't miss out on the best subject that is barely touched on at school! The books are called The Story of the World by Susan Wise Bauer.

3 comments:

Hans and Laurel said...

I love that Jeff gets his back to school picture too. The boys all look so good. I hope they are all enjoying school.

Michal said...

we love the story of the world. that's what we use for our history curriculum in our homeschool and it is the most popular subject. i'm sure your boys love those activities. we are going to make king tut's death mask next week. do you use the activity guide as well? i reccommend it.

MOMof6 said...

Yes, we use the Story of the World activity books. Kimball loves them. We had to leave our amazing Nile River grass bed when we moved from Spokane. It was a sad day.
I homeschooled when Kimball was in Kindergarten and 1st grade. I absolutely loved it. When I got pregnant with #5 I was too sick to get up. Since then I decided I would pray about each child each year and homeschool if I felt prompted to do so. Since we are in a new state I decided to give it a go. Last night I still lost sleep thinking about one of my children and if this new teacher was the one for him this year. Maybe it will be ME! I'll give it another week.