Happy Birthday Spencer!!! 1 year old and I can harldy believe it. This past year has just gone by so fast. He is pure joy! He has been such a sweet addition to our family.
Confession:
When we were at the ultrasound Jeff was the first to see the evidence that he would be our 5th boy. Jeff just yelled "Another Boy!!!" I couldn't believe it. I made the Doctor check over and over asking if they could rule out the possiblity of it being the umbillical cord or a finger. The doctor promised it was a boy and bet his job on it. As soon as the doc left the room I broke down sobbing. I couldn't even contain myself. Jeff tried to console me by saying, "We just have to accept that we'll never have a girl." I lost it! This did nothing to console me but made it even worse. Tears kept streaming down my face. When the doc returned and saw my obvious state he said, "Everything is fine with the baby, he looks perfect, are you OK?" Jeff then told him that this was #5 boy for us and then the doctor understood. We left and it took me almost 2 weeks to come to grips with reality. Thanks to my sister Martha who talked to me on the phone for hours and helped me to see the grander perspective that I had somehow forgotten. Her best advise was to go out and buy the baby new clothes, a new nursery and crib set and to buy myself some new maternity clothes. This I immedietly did! Thank-you to all my family and friends that sent new outfits and blankets for this very special boy. It made a huge difference for me to be able to put new clothes on him, instead of the old hand-me-downs. His very very favorite is the blue blanket that his aunt Sarah gave him. He looks for it when he is ready for a nap and immedietly calms down when we give it to him. I set up the nursey months before his delivery and anticipated his coming. One of the neatest things about his arrival was that my mom was able to be there for the delivery. She was a huge support to me and Jeff. Spencer has brought so much fun into our home. All the boys love and take care of him. They are always willing to help him. They walk behind him as he learns to climb stairs, they play chase with him, saying "I'm going to get you", they play peek a boo and they cheer for him everytime he does something new. He has made our basketball team complete! We wouldn't trade him for anything! We love him so much. Happy 1st Birthday Spencer!!!!
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Spencer. We'll see you in 3 days. We love you.
Happy Birthday!! He is such a cute kid. Always has been. I did have to laugh about the confession at the ultrasound. I'm glad you took their advice on how to help make it through all of it. I'll always remember his beautiful eyes.
YEAH for favorite blankets!!
Rachel loves her pink one just like Spencer loves his blue one! They are from little giraffe. a good purchase for every new baby!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
love aunt sarah
I thought about you on your birthday Spencer! You are one of the cutest babies I know!
Post a Comment