Thursday, June 12, 2008

Upcoming race

On June 20th and 21st my family (my siblings and their spouses) will be running in the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay. It is 178 miles stretching from Logan Utah to Park City Utah. We have been training since January for this big event. Our team name is RACING HEARTS. There is a link on the side of my blog to our team website. Please visit!! My twin brother Philip and his wife Margaret helped us get set up with the American Heart Association so we can try and do some fundraising in conjunction with this race. Their oldest son Philip Jr. died 10 years ago of a heart defect. We are so grateful for their amazing strength and love. They have encouraged all of us to keep our hearts racing for an awesome cause. I can't wait to run in this race. This will be my very first race ever. It hasn't been easy training though. Obstacles have been huge and distractions everywhere. But having the focus of raising money for the American Heart Association has made it an amazing experience. I'll post pictures of our race as soon as I can.

No comments: