I think we are ready for summer vacation to begin. Tomorrow will be the boys last day of school. I have been busy this week getting ready for the long awaited summer break. I've learned that a bit of structure in our home is really important. At least we have a goal right? The boys are excited about their new workbook baskets.
I've posted playtime ideas for the kids of fun things to do, mostly so I don't have to hear, "What can I do mom?"
A little schedule! Mostly so I don't have to hear, "Can I have a snack? When is lunch?"
And lastly the chore chart!! The boys are amazingly excited about the little stickers they will get to put on everyday. I'm just crossing my fingers that it will work and the boys will stay motivated to help around the house and to reach some reading goals. Some might think I am way overboard with the structure thing but I have found I really do have to run this house with some direction, expectations and rewards. The boys love knowing what is expected of them each day, accomplishing it and feeling good about what they have done!! Every afternoon will be filled with lots of swimming and playing and activities.
Jeff has a week off in July so we have a two day camping trip planned to Devils Lake and then a three day adventure in Nauvoo, IL. We are really looking forward to Jeff having a week off. He works so hard! He goes to school everyday from 8-5 and then goes to work from 5-8 or 9. One more year left and believe me we are counting down the months until he is finished with this residency program and can spend more time with us. Sometimes I think about the long road we have taken to accomplish our huge goals. Living in Salt Lake City (3 years), Omaha (3 years), Yorktown (1 year), Spokane (3 years), Milwaukee (2 years)!! It seems crazy to most people but we really have enjoyed the journey. Everywhere we have been we have loved! We have met amazing friends, had children in all of these cities and been blessed beyond our dreams.
Tonight we had our welcome to summer haircuts!! Yes, I cut all the boys hair in this family. Can you believe all that hair? Luckily they all sit still and love getting their haircut. It sure makes my job much easier!
7 comments:
i'm totally copying your ideas because you have the boy experience! that is such a cute picture of them!
Your plan and goals are great. You're always totally prepared and thinking ahead. Cute pictures.
Thanks for the great ideas! I'm so excited for you guys to have Jeff around a lot more soon! Have a great summer.
What a great idea to be so organized! I need you to live closer so I can copy all your fantastic ideas!!
Send some of that structure and organization my way. It's only week two and I'm ready for school to start because I feel like every day is crazy without STRUCTURE!
love your schedule. i often write up a schedule or the day's tasks on the sliding door with window markers. my kids love being able to see what's in store and thrive on structure, although after homeschooling all year, i crave a little less structure in the summer. looks like a great plan for your family. my boys need their summer cuts, too!
You are such an amazing Mom!! I totally agree with you, eventhough it's summer you have to have structure or their worlds seem to fall apart somehow!! Congrats on baby #6 and it being a GIRL!!! I am a little behind on keeping up with everyone, but better late than never.
Post a Comment