The kids have had the last two days of school cancelled. It is just too cold to have school. The temperatures have been 20-40 degrees below zero. We are just camped out in the house keeping warm. The kids have enjoyed every minute! They have played the Wii, watched movies, eaten cookies, pizza and snacks all day long. We're all still in our pajamas and don't plan on getting dressed until tomorrow (or maybe not). It is crazy because the sun is shining, blue skies and the brightest snow glaring at us. But the moment you step outside the cold air literally takes away your breath. It takes about 1 minute to get your breathing regulated to the cold air. Right after you get your breathing in control you realize that your nose hairs (yes, the ones you didn't realize that you even had) have completely frozen and everytime you breath you are reminded of the new found hairs. Too many memories of Russia have been pouring back into our skin. The weather man says it should hit 0 again by the weekend! Yah! They even called it a wam spell.
By the way, did I mention that we are really hoping to move in a year and a half to somewhere warm--all year round!! If you know of an Endodontist looking for an associate/partner, please please let us know!! Or if you think that there is room for a new endodontist in your town/city let us know too!
Thanks
By the way, did I mention that we are really hoping to move in a year and a half to somewhere warm--all year round!! If you know of an Endodontist looking for an associate/partner, please please let us know!! Or if you think that there is room for a new endodontist in your town/city let us know too!
Thanks
7 comments:
I thought about you guys when they were talking about how cold it was getting in different parts of the mid-west. I wondered how people could be outside in temperatures like that and then quickly remembered that we did it ALL the time for serveral hours at a time!:) Glad to hear you are all keeping warm! I would be ready to move to a warmer state after this winter also!
I don't think my town has an endodontist? How do I check? We would love some family in our warm part of the country.
That is cold! You would miss the snow in a warm climate. I wish Utah needed Endodontists.
Wow! Good luck keeping warm. I hope you find a wonderfully warm place to live next.
Holy cow, you are experiencing Russia all over again! You and Jeff need to get out your awesome hats (I think called shopkas) and wear them around. Just ignore any stares you may get!
I love to see pictures of your boys! My kids were home for two weeks of break and another week because of too much snow. They were all really happy to go back to school. They played in the snow every day and then it got old. Stay warm! We miss you!
Wow that really is cold! I hope it did "warm" up a bit.
Post a Comment