Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Spencer breaks a leg
Saturday morning I noticed that Spencer was walking with a little limp. I'm wasn't sure why but thought it looked a bit suspicious. I asked a few friends to look at him run and walk to see if they could see the slight limp. A few thought it was normal others thought maybe be had a sore foot. By Monday Jeff and I were worried so we took him to the Doctor. They sent us to get an x-ray even though they thought it was probably nothing. Sure enough he had a buckle fracture on his right fibia. They sent us over to an orthopedic doctor at Children's Hospital and they put a cast on. It is huge! It goes from his hip to his toe. Needless to say he has been very frustrated and cranky about the new heavy, unbendable leg. They said he would most likely need to have it on for 3 1/2 weeks. Meanwhile we are watching him constantly since he still thinks he can climb stairs, chairs, and run!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is so sad about Spencer! Have you figured out how he broke it?
Wow that is pretty stylish Spencer! Great job realizing something was wrong and following your instincts. Hope it heals up quickly!
Wow I remember another little boy with a cast. His was a lot smaller. I can't believe how big that one is. Hope he heals up fast. He really has grown up a lot since you moved.
I really miss this little cutie, Spencer. He is adorable, those eyelashes are just amazing. I hope is leg heals really fast. I miss you and your family. I can't wait to see you in March
Poor baby! He looks like he is still happy and going! Hope you guys are doing well!
Post a Comment