Nov. 10, 2008Dear Ms. S,
I hope you will enjoy this book. It is the most
precious book to me. When I read it I feel a warm
and happy feeling inside. I know my Heavenly
Father loves me. This book teaches us how we
can be like Jesus Christ. I love this book. I know
this book is true. I hope you will love it too.
Love Kimball Baer
I helped him wrap the book in white paper and we put it in a pretty gold bag. That night as I tucked Kimball in bed we talked.
Me: "Are you nervous to give her the book?"
Kimball: "No! Why would I be nervous?"
Me: "I don't know, no reason!" (I was amazed at his courage!)
Kimball: "I feel so happy right now, I know it's the Spirit telling me that it's good to share the Book of Mormon."
Me: "This is what it feels like to be a missionary. When you go on your mission you will be able to share you testimony everyday and share the Book of Mormon with everyone you meet."
Kimball: "I can't wait until my mission. I want to feel this way all the time."
Me: "Well, you still need to grow a foot or two! 10 years will go by really fast. You are being prepared for that time, by being a missionary now. Just keep listening to the Spirit and he will always help you."
Kimball: "Is this how Grammie and Granddad joined the church? Did they first read the Book of Mormon? Tell me that story again--how they learned about the church and decided to get baptized."
I told him the long story.....
Kimball: "And now you are a member and I am a member and someday I will get married and have kids too and they will be members."
Me: "That's right! Now it's time to sleep and say your prayers. Remember, you can pray for your teacher and that she will read the Book of Mormon and feel the Spirit too!
I Love You!
Goodnight!"
I am amazed at these boys! Every day I thank my Heavenly Father for them. It is truly a privilege to be their mother. It is hard to believe that in 10 years Kimball will be on his mission. I guess I just never imagined that he would be a missionary now!!
Monday morning Kimball took the special gift to school. When he walked in the classroom he had it behind his back. With a big smile on his face, he walked right up to his teacher and gave her the gift.
He said, "I hope you like it!"
She opened it up, read the note inside and said, "Thank-you so much Kimball, I love it!
Later that day I had to be at the school to help with the book fair, Ms. S came up to me and told me about the experience that morning. She thanked me for my son, the book and the precious note.
We hugged.
Last night during family home evening we talked about missionary work. We sang, I hope They Call Me on a Mission, read about Ammon in the book of Alma, and discussed the 10th article of Faith.
We have decided that we need to start using Preach My Gospel during family home evening. We have been counseled to do that, but I guess we just felt our kids were too little. After this week, I know it is time to start studying Preach My Gospel as a family.

5 comments:
Great job Kimball. This story encourages me to share the Book of Mormon too. If a 9 yr old can share the gospel, I should be able to! Thank you for sharing your precious experiences.
I got the new nursery manual "Behold your little ones" and have been using it for FHE. I think it's great for young children.
Fantastic-way to go Kimball! You are an example to all of us!~ Keep us posted!
did the teacher come to church?
We will find out tomorrow the 16th!
That is the most beautiful story I have heard in a long time. Kimball is very inspiring!! You guys are amazing parents and have always been an example to me. We miss you all and are so glad that we can stay in touch and your family can continue to inspire us all with your stories. I love it!!!!
Post a Comment