Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Still in the Process

President Thomas S. Monson
"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all to soon and that you will- to your surprise-miss them profoundly."

Laundry to be tackled


but

This is the work I prefer:






4 comments:

PacPaliGoulds said...

Wow- My sink looks like your pile of laundry. We won't tell you about the garage and my closet -well I still have boxes that won't be touched for sometime! But the other pictures-those are priceless. I like the fingerprints on the walls. I don't know they cheer me up. It makes we wonder what they were eating and why they were going out of the kitchen. I never get around to clean them. I leave the prints-- it is art work!

Guymon Family said...

When I heard Pres. Monson say that I said "did he visit my house without me knowing it?" Although cleaning is necessary I hope we sometimes choose playing with our kids over cleaning.

Hansen Family said...

That is so funny how certain quotes hit certain people. We were sitting in our family room watching conference when we heard that quote. We both looked around at the messy room with all of Anja's toys scattered around. I also looked to the kitchen to see fingerprints and hand prints on the fridge. We both just laughed and laughed realizing how all to true that quote is! I think it made us both appreciate our children a little more dispite the messes they love to make!

Michal said...

great post! when i heard him say that, i thought how i need to see those fingerprints differently. when i had two kids, my sliding door was wiped clean every day. now i'm lucky if we get to it once a week.