Monday, October 27, 2008

Day light savings is NEXT Sunday!

What a weekend! I am so so happy that today is Monday. I'm not sure I have ever looked forward to Monday before, but after yesterday, I am ready for a new week! Yes, yesterday morning we slept in a whole extra hour! For some unknown reason our clocks moved back for daylight savings. We enjoyed every minute of that hour. We had a lazy morning with the kids. We played games, took our sweet time getting ready and just enjoyed our family. Finally around 12:15- daylight savings time - I said jokingly, "Wouldn't that be funny if it really wasn't daylight savings and our clocks changed on the wrong date?" I only said that because it has happened to us before. Jeff decided to look it up online and to our surprise--Daylight savings is next week. So we were now an hour late to church! We have just had two weeks of combined Priesthood/Relief Society meetings where the Bishop has spoken on Reverence, including being early to our meetings! That said, the rest of the day was just crazy. Every time something went wrong we just said, "It must be daylight savings!" On our way to the car Brigham decided to roll down the grass hill in front of our home. Grass stains covered his pants. Had to go find new clean Sunday pants for him. When we got to church 45 minutes late we had to sit in the foyer. For some unknown reason the boys just went crazy. As if they had never seen a couch before. They were rolling and jumping all over the place. Jeff had to pick them up and take them back to the car for time out.

Somehow we made it through the rest of church!

We are really looking forward to an extra hour of sleep again next Sunday morning.

Top 10 over the weekend

*boys went golfing with dad
*mom had her own super Saturday and made a new skirt
*old man at the golf course gave the boys 20$ to buy themselves a treat
*boys got to practice archery skills with dad
*Samuel's ear started draining fluid from an unknown ear infection (still draining today)
*mopped the kitchen 3 times
*watched some old family movies
*slept in on Sunday (see above post)
*made cookies and zucchini bread
*dad got the fireplace going last night--boys thought it was just like camping!

5 comments:

Guymon Family said...

Oh man, sounds like a crazy Sunday! Glad you got a day to yourself!

BA said...

Your life is a party. Enjoy it!

PacPaliGoulds said...

I wish I had slept in! I think we all need an extar hour of sleep every week. I want to see your new skirt. I made seth a blanket & and I am going to make a new recipe everyday this week.

Britney said...

Thanks so much for sharing your blog, I love it! I was laughing at all the cute things your boys do--love the toothbrush and sucker in the mouth at once! My siblings have lots of girls so it's great for me to see that I'm not alone in living in a house full boys. Keep up the blogging

Hansen Family said...

Totally hee-lar-ee-ous! I am jealous you get to "celebrate" daylight savings two weeks in a row!