Monday, August 25, 2008

Cookies for Breakfast



One more week before school starts and we are just soaking up every last bit of freedom we can. The kids woke up this morning and wanted cookies for breakfast so I said "YES!" They are made with whole wheat flour so I think that defines them as a healthy breakfast, right? We made them last night and they are so yummy-Thanks Morgan for the great recipe and thanks to my mom who generously gave me her magic mill wheat grinder (after much begging)! We have really enjoyed grinding our own wheat and finding some new and improved recipes.

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 C Unsalted butter
1 C Sugar
1 C Light Brown Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 Eggs
2 Cups sifted Whole Wheat Flour
1 C Flour
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
2 C Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips

Directions
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Cream butter & sugars. Mix in vanilla & eggs. Combine flours, baking soda & salt. Gradually blend flour mixture into butter mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and drop onto a cookie sheet that has been greased or use a cookie sheet lined with silpat or better yet a stoneware pan from pampered chef. Bake 8-10 minutes. Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on baking sheets before placing on a wire rack.

4 comments:

Hans and Laurel said...

Look how happy they are! Who can blame them with cookies for breakfast....yummy!

Guymon Family said...

These are delicious! I always love trying a new recipe. Great job turning something mundane like breakfast into fun! Try this recipe;
Wheat Waffles
2 cups flour (1 wheat, 1 white(
4 tsp baking powder
1 tbl sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup melted butter
1 egg
abt. 2 cups milk (desired consistency)

Kendra said...

Some days you just gotta have cookies for breakfast...and cheesecake for lunch!
I just tried a new idea I read about...stir honey and peanut butter into oatmeal (I used brown sugar because out of honey) and it was amazing! The girls loved it. Tyler wouldn't try it. Can't wait until breakfast tomorrow!

The Boyos said...

I made them this evening. They were really yummy! I froze some of the dough...thx for sharing.