We went to a great pool yesterday-Wirth Park in Brookfield. I got my camera out to take pictures and soon realized that I had forgotten to put the memory card in it. So I have no pictures of our fun day at the pool. I am trying to remember to take my camera with me so that I can take more pictures. The pool was awesome. They had a huge kid pool with all kinds of little slides, splash fountains and it was heated-so Spencer loved it. Right next to the pool was a huge sand box with all kinds of digging toys and water features so that the kids could build whatever they wanted. They had a shower area inbetween the pool and the sand so that the kids could clean off. They also had a regular playground next to the pool. I had kids in all areas and I could see them all. Next to the baby pool was a big pool with diving boards and two more big waterslides for the big kids. Kimball, Joshua and Samuel had a great time on the flume slides. Well, I guess we will just have to go back so that I can take pictures next time. We are enjoying our time and getting to know all the great parks around here. The other day my friend invited us to go to the library. I thought "Oh, this will be great", boy was I wrong. When we got there the kids were so excited, Kimball especially. He immedietly went to the country section and got a book on every country he could find. He is really into world geography because of his favorite new game -Ticket To Ride Europe. It is a great game. Well, before I knew it he had 50 books. I told him to put some back because I couldn't keep track of all of them at our house. So he started putting them away. Unlike most kids, he actually knows how to find and put away books in the library in their proper places. 20 minutes later, the librarian came up to me holding Kimballs hand and said, "Is this your son?" I said "yes" she then told me to follow her. She took me to a corner in the library and proceeded to show me the mess of books and told me that my son had been pulling all the books off the shelf and just putting them anywhere he wanted. Kimball immedietly said "no I wasn't" . This made the librarian very upset. I was just so taken back by how rude she was that I just didn't really say anything except, "where would you like us to put the books?" She walked away. So needless to say our first trip to the library was not good. I gathered my 5 boys and and left. They were upset that we didn't check out any books. When I got home I had all kinds of things come into my head that I should have said to defend my son. If you know Kimball, he would never have made a mess of the library. I'm not sure I am brave enough to go back for a while. The 500+ books on our book shelves at home will have to do for now. I think we will stick to the playgrounds and parks. Sometimes I feel like as soon as people see me coming with 5 boys they immedietly label us as TROUBLE. So they watch us like a hawk and are not shy to let me know if they see the slightest thing out of place. My boys really are well behaved. I am even more strict and expect a lot from them because I feel like people judge us so much having this many kids and ALL BOYS! So I show them that 5 boys are great-because they are.
2 comments:
This reminds me of when I went to the library in Spokane, we got there too early and got in trouble for being too noisy in the hall, then someone had a dirty diaper and I think I left it in the library while I was trying to gather hands.
thanks for stopping by my blog. it's great to see your family and catch up with you.
i know what you mean about being judged for having a big family. some days i can make it look easy and other days i probably have them all shaking their heads!
that librarian needs to learn how to relax and let kids have a good experience at the library (let alone parents!)
my kimball was very excited to see all these pictures and info on another kimball.
Post a Comment